Thanks for visiting.Robert Hughes
Robert Hughes is a nationally recognized Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Board Certified Consulting Hypnotist.
- He has been a Board Certified Consulting Hypnotist, the highest competence rank of the National Guild
of Hypnotists (NGH), since 2005. NGH is the world's largest organization of
hypnotists, and board certification places Robert in an elite group that
includes 200 of the world's best consulting hypnotists.
- He has also been board cerified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist and a Hypno-anesthesia Therapist by the National Board for
Hypnotherapy and Hypnotic
Anesthesia (NBHA) since 1995. Until it closed in 2001, NBHA was the
premier national organization which certified hypnotherapists with a primary
interest in complementary medicine applications of hypnosis such as smoking
cessation, painless childbirth, pain control, fears and phobias and
- Robert has been in continuous full time hypnotherapy practice in Boise since 1994. He has done guided imagery and hypnosis since 1970 on three continents in two languages.
- Robert is also a published author and has written on numerous subjects, including hypnotherapy, spiritual topics and health care. How to Improve Your Life a Thousand Ways with Self-Hypnosis has a planned 2013 publication date. Two books of holistic and spiritual essays and meditations will follow in late 2013 and early 2014. A text on using hypnosis to treat functional abdominal pain will follow shortly thereafter.
- Robert has produced a series of hypnosis recordings on more than 70 subjects ranging from relaxation and stress relief, to healing fears and physical problems.
In addition to being board certified as a clinical
hypnotherapist, Robert is also a hypnotherapy instructor.
- Robert founded the Idaho School of Professional Hypnotherapy, which was recognized and chartered as an approved school by the NBHA for clinical hypnosis training.
Other Training and Teaching
- Robert is trained and certified as a massage therapist.
- Robert is a Reiki Master in the Usui Reiki tradition and has practiced Reiki since 1992.
- He is certified to teach non-violent karate (Karatedo Doshinkan - over 25 years, ranked as a 6th degree black belt with the teaching title of Renshi.)
- Robert has a bachelor's degree in Psychology, a master's degree in Health Care Management.
- Robert is an ordained interfaith minister. From 2003 to 2009 he was a monthly guest minister at Boise’s Center of Peace, a Religious Science Church.
- He has been trained in small group facilitation, deep body tissue work, Japanese acupressure, Aikido (5 years), Tai Chi (2 years), Jungian style dream work and various methods of meditation.
- He has taught Yoga.
- He has taught quality improvement in a hospital setting, remedial mathematics at the junior college level, and management practicum courses at the university level.
- Robert is a former Peace Corps Volunteer and taught agricultural methods and community planning in Central America.
- Prior to his full time dedication to hypnotherapy, Robert has worked as a health care planner, a hospital manager, an international health care consultant, and as a university research associate.
If you would like to see a more extensive resume of Robert's background and experience, download a pdf file here: RESUME
Robert Hughes MPA, BCH, CHt, CHtA
Photos and Text Copyright © Robert Hughes, 2003-2013
Revised August 22, 2014